Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I run


I run. 

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have pretty much always been into fitness.  As a child, I tried to lead “Get in Shape Girl” classes for all the kids on my street.  I was obsessed with aerobics, and thought I’d be an instructor some day.  As I got older, I started working out in a gym.  After school I’d go to the gym and weight train, then hop on the Stairmaster and read until I could climb no more.


I’ve gone through phases of different exercise, but I’ve always come back to running.  It clears my head.  A good run is enough to pull me out of any bad mood.  Running is the only exercise that has consistently kept me in the kind of shape I want to be in.  When I’m in a good routine and running regularly, the rest of my life seems to improve too.  I’ve got more energy, I smile more, I procrastinate less, and even my sex life is better (sorry Mom!).

Most of my running occurs on a treadmill stationed in our dining area (I know: strange, but it’s the only place it fits in front of a TV).  My daughter watches me run on it, and likes to emulate me.  She jumps on (when it’s not running and the emergency stop is nowhere near it) and pretends to run, and it makes her smile!  I love that I’m modeling healthy habits for her.

Plus, I LOVE to eat. 

And that’s why I run.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could get into running again. I used to in high school, but now even the THOUGHT of running makes me tired and filled with dread. You look fabulous :)

    My Little Birds
    http://vlittlebirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks V! You could start walking and throwing 30 seconds of running in every 5 minutes. That's how I started back after this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete